28 January 2011

Delius. Hassan - RPO - Sir Thomas Beecham - Fontana 1958

Frederick Delius:
"Hassan"  - incidental music   
Introduction ~ Serenade  ~ Short Interlude  ~ Unaccompanied chorus behind scene  ~ The Beggars of Baghdad  ~
Chorus of women  ~ Prelude to Act.III  ~ Chorus of soldiers  ~ The Procession of Protracted Death  ~
Serenade - repeated  ~ Closing scene: The Golden Road to Samarkand
FLAC  Mega Download 
Closing scene: The Golden Road to Samarkand         FLAC  Mega Download
Leslie Fry, Baritone  -  Arthur Leavins, violin  -  Frederick Riddle, viola  -   BBC Chorus, (chorus-master: Leslie Woodgate)
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra  conducted by  Sir Thomas Beecham
Fontana  CFL 1020  1958 Philips UK pressing.  Recorded: 29 May 1956 - Walthamstow Assembly Hall   

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic start. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must echo that, what an amazing first offering. Many many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's ME.
    This is/was intended to be my Charging Blog - you know... where I would get at least some return for my efforts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did wonder, a certain likeness of design :-) So, a Paypal button for donations, or some other means. I'm certainly up for contributing for Hassan, great sound clarity I thought (from my less than robust ear!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd need another Paypal account - as mine (used solely for eBay) would otherwise become a 'business account' - which would incur fees, in some other instances.
    Of course - with a Donations button I'd maybe get *really* upset - given the large numbers of downloads..(though Megaupload now,seemingly, have decided to hide that aspect..).
    I can confirm the 'clarity' of this transfer - that's why it was uploaded - as 'knew' "Pr......'s" was from the very inferior Philips GL re-issue (though that info was 'hidden' - as with the source of the Milhaud, above) - and the CBS Classics doesn't have the 'studio atmosphere' / transient speed, either...and those are aspects I try to ensure are retained from the outset - not 'created' with EQ fiddling, et al.
    But, really must seriously consider making this 'service' at least meet my 'out-of-pocket-expenses'...hence this 'independent' blog..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this and for the Milhaud. If you want to start charging, I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete